Saturday, June 6, 2009

Info about final project

My final project deals with earth systems.  I picked the 1st and 2nd core standards to work with, and these standards deal with students understanding the motion and composition of the planets and stars.  I decided to learn how to use starry night and through Jing, make a video showing students how to use starry night.  I  will give my students different constellations to look at and show them how to view the rotation of the stars.  This would open my class for discussions about how the stars rotate and then lead into discussions on the planets.  I will turn in different videos that I would show my students on how to navigate starry night to see the different constellations.  The last video will be information on the quiz on the constellations the students will take.  
As kind of stated above, I will use the Jing videos to introduce the students to starry night to learn about the constellations and planets.  
My project fulfills TPACK because it is new technology going to be used in the classroom, it gives students something they can refer to when in or out of the classroom if they need help, it gives students a chance to work at their own pace, and it teaches them a new exciting content. Stars are objects that many people find fascinating, so if I can instill in my students a love of science through observing the stars, I will try my hardest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment