Friday, June 12, 2009

watching portion write up

I looked at Netsmartz (video resources), ikeepsafe Faux Paws(video), Frontline PBS documentary(videos), and some of the isafe-webcast stuff.  This will help with my teaching to know how where to put the computers in the classroom-have them in site where I may view what the students are doing, and my view of cheating has changed.  I will definitely have to use computers in the classroom, and I want to have a safe environment for everyone in the room.  I know better what the dangers are, and I will have an internet safety lesson that is interactive before I let the students use the computers.  This information will be valuable, but I know there are points I don't see.  I will come across them when they come, and now, I will know better how to deal with what happens.  
I talked to my dad, and he is 55 years old.  I shared the information on predators, where to put your computers, and teens/people living their lives online.  I shared what Elder Ballard talked about as well.  Elder Ballard went over better with my dad because it wasn't something he taught or studied.  It was newer to him.  My dad taught internet safety to his school kids and to different religious groups of parents and youth.  He is pretty well versed in internet safety, and he has tried to teach us(his kids) what he knows.  This assignment was a good review.  Talking to my dad was positive, and he didn't mind me relating to him things he already was versed about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment